It is assumed you already have a Nightscout site, if not visit the Nightscout page for full instructions on set up, the instructions below are then settings you will also need to add to your Nightscout site. Your Nightscout site needs to be at least version 10 (displayed as 0.10...), so please check you are running the latest version otherwise you will get an error message on your AAPS app. Some people find looping uses more than the azure free quota allowed, so heroku is the preferred choice.
- Go to https://herokuapp.com/
- Click your App Service name.
- Click Application settings (azure) or Settings > “Reveal Config Variables (heroku)
- Add or edit the variables as follows:
careportal boluscalc food bwp cage sage iage iob cob basal ar2 rawbg pushover bgi pump openaps
reservoir battery clock
- Various alarms can be set for monitoring the pump, battery % in particular is encouraged:
- Optional: The following ‘timers’ can be set for the coloring in the AAPS careportal:
480(Warning after x hours since last Battery Changed Event in Careportal)
504(Urgent warning after x hours since last Battery Changed Event in Careportal)
40(Warning after x hours since last Cannula Changed Event in Careportal)
48(Urgent warning after x hours since last Cannula Changed Event in Careportal)
144(Warning after x hours since last Insulin Cartridge Changed Event in Careportal)
192(Warning after x hours since last Insulin Cartridge Changed Event in Careportal)
160(Warning after x hours since the last CGM Sensor Insert Event in Careportal)
168(Urgent Warning after x hours since the last CGM Sensor Insert Event in Careportal)
- Click “Save” at the top of the panel.
Semi-automated Nightscout setup¶
This service is offered by fellow looper Martin Schiftan free of charge at the moment. If you like the service you can consider sending him a small donation (link in the navigation on the left side).
- You can install Nightscout with a few clicks and use it directly.
- Reduction of manual work as Martin tries to automate the administration.
- All settings can be made via a user-friendly web interface.
- The service includes an automated basal rate check using Autotune.
- The server is located in Germany.