Note: SMS Command Settings are disabled in AndroidAPS versions 2.3 because of a bug, but can be used in version 2.4 again.
- AndroidAPS allows you to control a child’s phone remotely via text message. If you enable this SMS Communicator, always remember that the phone set up to give remote commands could be stolen. So always protect it at least by a PIN code.
- AndroidAPS will also inform you by text message if your remote commands, such as a bolus or a profile change, have been carried out. It is advisable to set this up so that confirmation texts are sent to at least two different phone numbers in case one of the receiving phones is stolen.
How it works¶
In your android phone setting go to Applications > AndroidAPS > Permissions and enable SMS
In AndroidAPS go to Preferences > SMS Communicator and enter the phone number(s) that you will allow SMS commands to come from (separated by semicolons, no spaces or other characters anywhere - i.e. +4412345678;+4412345679) and also enable ‘Allow remote commands via SMS’.
Send a SMS to the phone with AndroidAPS running from your approved phone number(s) using any of the commands below in bold, the phone will respond to confirm success of command or status requested.
Hint: It can be useful to have SMS flat for both phones if a lot of SMS will be sent.
- Last BG: 5.6 4min ago, Delta: -0,2 mmol, IOB: 0.20U (Bolus: 0.10U Basal: 0.10U)
- Loop has been disabled
- Loop has been enabled
- Loop is disabled
- Loop is enabled
- Suspended (10 min)
LOOP SUSPEND 20¶
- Loop suspended for 20 minutes
- Loop resumed
- TERATMENTS REFRESH 1 receivers
- NSCLIENT RESTART 1 receivers
- Last conn: 1 minago Temp: 0.00U/h @11:38 5/30min IOB: 0.5U Reserv: 34U Batt: 100
- To stop temp basal reply with code EmF
- To start basal 0.3U/h for 30 min reply with code Swe
BASAL 0.3 20¶
- To start basal 0.3U/h for 20 min reply with code Swe
- To start basal 30% for 30 min reply with code Swe
BASAL 30% 50¶
- To start basal 30% for 50 min reply with code Swe
- To deliver bolus 1.2U reply with code Rrt
- Remote bolus not allowed (if within 15 min after last bolus command or remote commands not allowed)
- To stop extended bolus reply with code EmF
EXTENDED 2 120¶
- To start extended bolus 2U for 120 min reply with code EmF
- To send calibration 5.6 reply with code Rrt
- Calibration sent (if xDrip is installed. Accepting calibrations must be enabled in xDrip+)
- To switch profile to Profile1 100% reply with code Any
PROFILE 2 30¶
- To switch profile to Profile2 30% reply with code Any