If using G5 with xdrip+¶
- If not already set up then download xdrip and follow instructions on nightscout (G5.
- In xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Broadcast Data Locally and select ON.
- In xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Accept Treatments and select OFF.
- If you want to be able to use AndroidAPS to calibrate then in xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Accept Calibrations and select ON. You may also want to review the options in Settings > Less Common Settings > Advanced Calibration Settings.
- Select xdrip in ConfigBuilder (setting in AndroidAPS).
- If AAPS does not receive BG values when phone is in airplane mode use Identify receiver as describe on [xDrip+ settings page](../Configuration/xdrip.md).
If using G5 with patched Dexcom app¶
Download the apk from https://github.com/dexcomapp/dexcomapp, and choose the version that fits your needs (mg/dl or mmol/l version, G5).
- Folder 2.3 is for users of AndroidAPS 2.3, folder 2.4 for users of AAPS 2.5.
- Open https://play.google.com/store/search?q=dexcom%20g5 on your computer. Region will be visible in URL.
Stop sensor and uninstall the original Dexcom app, if not already done.
Install downloaded apk
Select Dexcom App (patched) in ConfigBuilder (setting in AndroidAPS).
If you want to use xDrip alarms via local broadcast: in xDrip hamburger menu > settings > hardware data source > 640G /EverSense.