- Follow general CGM hygiene and setting sensor recommendation here.
- For G6 transmitters manufactured after fall/end of 2018 please make sure to use one of the latest nightly built xDrip+ versions. Those transmitters have a new firmware and latest stable version of xDrip+ (2019/01/10) cannot deal with it.
General hints for looping with G6¶
What’s clear is that using the G6 is perhaps a little more complex than it as first suggests. To use it safely, there are a few points to be aware of:
- If you are using the native data with the calibration code in xDrip or Spike, the safest thing to do is not allow preemptive restarts of the sensor.
- If you must use preemptive restarts, then make sure you insert at a time of day where you can observe the change and calibrate if necessary.
- If you are restarting sensors, either do it without the factory calibration for safest results on days 11 and 12, or ensure you are ready to calibrate and keep an eye on variation.
- Pre-soaking of the G6 with factory calibration is likely to give variation in results. If you do pre-soak, then to get best results, you will probably need to calibrate the sensor.
- If you aren’t being observant about the changes that may be taking place, it may be better to revert to non-factory-calibrated mode and use the system like a G5.
If using G6 with xDrip+¶
- The Dexcom G6 transmitter can simultaneously be connected to the Dexcom receiver (or alternatively the t:slim pump) and one app on your phone.
- When using xDrip+ as receiver uninstall Dexcom app first. You cannot connect xDrip+ and Dexcom app with the transmitter at the same time!
- If you need Clarity and want to profit from xDrip+ alarms use the patched Dexcom app with local broadcast to xDrip+.
- If not already set up then download xdrip and follow instructions on nightscout (G5).
- Konfigūratoriuje (AndroidAPS nustatymai) pasirinkite xDrip.
- Adjust settings in xDrip+ according to xDrip+ settings page
- If AAPS does not receive BG values when phone is in airplane mode use Identify receiver as describe on xDrip+ settings page.
If using G6 with patched Dexcom app¶
Download the apk from https://github.com/dexcomapp/dexcomapp, and choose the version that fits your needs (mg/dl or mmol/l version, G6).
- 2.3 aplankas skirtas AndroidAPS 2.3 vartotojams, 2.4 aplankas yra skirtas AAPS 2.5 vartotojams.
- Open https://play.google.com/store/search?q=dexcom%20g6 on your computer. Regionas bus matomas URL adrese.
Sustabdykite sensorių ir pašalinkite originalią „Dexcom“ programą, jei to dar nepadarėte.
Įdiekite atsisiųstą apk
Konfigūratoriuje (AndroidAPS nustatymai) pasirinkite Dexcom App (modifikuota).
Jei norite naudoti xDrip aliarmus per vietinį transliavimą: xDrip trijų linijų meniu > Nustatymai> Aparatinės įrangos duomenų šaltinis> 640G / EverSense.
Dexcom G6 specific troubleshooting¶
- Transmitters with serial no. starting with 80 or 81 need at least last stable xDrip version from May 2019 or a newer nightly build.
- Transmitters with serial no. starting with 8G need at least nightly build from July 25th, 2019 or newer.
- xDrip+ and Dexcom app cannot be connected with the transmitter at the same time.
- Wait at least 15 min. between stopping and starting a sensor.
- Do not rewind back time of insertion. Answer question “Did you insert it today?” always with “Yes, today”.
- Do not enable “restart sensors” while setting a new sensor
- Do not start new sensor before the following information is shown in Classic Status Page -> G5/G6 status -> PhoneServiceState:
- Transmitter serial starting with 80 or 81: “Got data hh:mm” (i.e. “Got data 19:04”)
- Transmitter serial starting with 8G or 8H: “Got glucose hh:mm” (i.e. “Got glucose 19:04”) or “Got no raw hh:mm” (i.e. “Got now raw 19:04”)