I’m getting stuck; What do I do? Who can I ask?¶
This project is based on volunteer work so some rules apply to avoid extra work to those who so kindly donate their time and skills:
- level 1: Read the Wiki - we now have a search function to help you!
- level 2: Search the Facebook group, if there is not already an answer then ask your question in the AndroidAPS Users Facebook group
- level 3: If facebook did not get results then ask in gitter. Direct crossposts will be ignored/deleted on both channels to save duplicate answers. Don’t forget that the majority of developers are in Europe so the response may not be 24/7; you may have to wait for several hours especially over weekends and holidays.
- level 4: Create an issue and attach your log files
- level 5: email firstname.lastname@example.org (only if personal data is involved that should not go in a public channel and your problems have not been resolved in the other levels)
For support on CGM sources please use the Facebook groups or gitter channels for that specific system (e.g. xdrip, 600 series uploader) or support on Nightscout use CGMintheCloud as the users there will have a greater level of expertise than the people here who all use different systems.
Connect with others using AndroidAPS¶
Who is using AndroidAPS? Add yourself to the map here by going to Additions > Add Marker - Simple. Choose a green pin for “I’ve got it!” or an orange pin for “I want it”. List your name as your facebook name and in the description record extra info such as your pump, CGM and your endo/clinic name if they’re supportive. The address does not have to be your actual house, you can just add town name or even your clinic address if you prefer.
Make sure to join the AndroidAPS users group on Facebook!¶
Join the main AndroidAPS Facebook group if you want to contact anyone on the map to ask country specific questions, you can also post here any questions about the algorithum, any setup problems you are having with Android Studio and building the APK, any queries about use of the app and tips for how to get best use out of it. There is also a group for Combo pump users AAPSCombo which have a slightly more specific setup.
For general chat about looping in general there are several facebook groups;