DanaRS and Dana-i Pump¶
These instructions are for configuring the app and your pump if you have a DanaRS from 2017 onwards or the newer Dana-i. 만약 오리지널 다나 R 펌프를 사용하는 경우에는 DanaR Insulin Pump를 확인하십시오.
New Dana RS firmware v3 can be used from AndroidAPS version 2.7 onwards.
New Dana-i can be used from AndroidAPS version 3.0 onwards.
- In DanaRS/i pump “BASAL A” is used by the app. Existing data gets overwritten.
On AndroidAPS homescreen click hamburger menu on the top left corner and go to Config Builder.
In pump section select ‘Dana-i/RS’.
Click on gear wheel to get directly to the pump settings or return to homescreen.
Go to ‘DANA-i/RS’ tab.
Select preferences menu by tapping the 3 dots in the top right.
Select ‘Dana-i/RS Preferences’.
Click on “Selected pump”.
In the pairing window click on the entry for your pump.
You have to confirm the pairing on the pump! That’s just the way you are used to from other bluetooth pairings (i.e. smartphone and car audio).
Follow the pairing process based on the type and firmware of your pump:
- For DanaRS v1 select pump password in preferences and set your password.
- For DanaRS v3 you have to type 2 sequences of numbers and letters displayed on pump to AndroidAPS pairing dialog.
- For Dana-i standard Android pairing dialog appear and you have to enter 6-digit number displayed on pump.
Select Bolus Speed to change the default bolus speed used (12sec per 1u, 30sec per 1u or 60sec per 1u).
Set basal step on pump to 0.01 U/h using Doctors menu (see pump user guide).
Set bolus step on pump to 0.05 U/h using Doctors menu (see pump user guide).
펌프에서 확장Bolus를 활성화하세요.
- For DanaRS with firmware v1 and v2 the default password is 1234.
- For DanaRS with firmware v3 or Dana-i the default password is a combination of production month and production date (i.e. month 01 and day 24).
- Open main menu on pump > review > information.
- Number 3 is production date.
- For v3/i this password is used only for locking menu on pump. It’s not used for communication and it’s not necessary to enter it in AndroidAPS.
Change password on pump¶
Press OK button on pump
In main menu select “OPTION” (move right by pressing arrow button several times)
In options menu select “USER OPTION”
Use arrow button to scroll down to “11. password”
Press OK to enter old password.
Enter old password (Default password see above) and press OK
If wrong password is entered here there will be no message indicating failure!
Set new password (Change numbers with + & - buttons / Move right with arrow button).
Confirm with OK button.
Save by pressing OK button again.
Move down to “14. EXIT” and press OK button.
Dana RS specific errors¶
Error during insulin delivery¶
In case the connection between AAPS and Dana RS is lost during bolus insulin delivery (i.e. you walk away from phone while Dana RS is pumping insulin) you will see the following message and hear an alarm sound.
- In most cases this is just a communication issue and the correct amount of insulin is delivered.
- Check in pump history (either on the pump or through Dana tab > pump history > boluses) if correct bolus is given.
- Delete error entry in treatments tab if you wish.
- Real amount is read and recorded on next connect. To force this press BT icon on dana tab or just wait for next connect.
Special note when switching phone¶
When switching to a new phone the following steps are necessary:
- Export settings on your old phone
- Transfer settings from old to new phone
- Manually pair Dana RS with the new phone
- As pump connection settings are also imported AAPS on your new phone will already “know” the pump and therefore not start a bluetooth scan. Therefore new phone and pump must be paired manually.
- Install AndroidAPS on the new phone.
- Import settings on your new phone