Freestyle Libre 1¶
To use your Libre as a CGM that is getting new BG values every 5 minutes you first need to buy a NFC to Bluetooth adapter like:
- MiaoMiao-Reader https://www.miaomiao.cool/
- Blukon Nightrider https://www.ambrosiasys.com/howit
- BlueReader https://bluetoolz.de/blueorder/#home
- Sony Smartwatch 3 (SWR50) als Auslesetool https://github.com/pimpimmi/LibreAlarm/wiki/
Until now, using Libre 1 as BG source you cannot activate ‘Enable SMB always’ and ‘Enable SMB after carbs’ within SMB algorithm. The BG values of Libre 1 are not smooth enough to use it safely. See Smoothing blood glucose data for more details.
If using xdrip¶
- If not already set up then download xdrip and follow instructions on LimiTTEer, Libre Alarm or BlueReader (Hardware).
- In xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Broadcast Data Locally and select ON.
- In xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Accept Treatments and select OFF.
- If you want to be able to use AndroidAPS to calibrate then in xdrip go to Settings > Interapp Compatibility > Accept Calibrations and select ON. You may also want to review the options in Settings > Less Common Settings > Advanced Calibration Settings.
- Select xdrip in ConfigBuilder (setting in AndroidAPS).
- For settings in xDrip+ with screenshots see xDrip+ settings page. There is a part for basic xDrip+ settings and for Freestyle Libre xDrip+ settings.
- If AAPS does not receive BG values when phone is in airplane mode, use Identify receiver as describe on xDrip+ settings page.