These instructions are for configuring the app and your pump if you have a DanaRS from 2017 onwards. Visit DanaR Insulin Pump if you have the original DanaR instead.
New Dana RS firmware v3 can be used from AndroidAPS version 2.7 onwards.
- In DanaRS pump “BASAL A” is used by the app. Existing data gets overwritten.
In AndroidAPS go to Config Builder and select ‘DanaRS’
Select Menu by tapping the 3 dots in the top right. Select Preferences.
Select DanaRS Pair New Pump, and click your DanaRS serial number.
Select Pump password and input your password.
For DanaRS with firmware v1 and v2 the default password is 1234.
For DanaRS with firmware v3 the default password is a combination of production month and production date (i.e. month 01 and day 24). Open main menu on pump > review > information. Number 3 is production date.
You have to confirm the pairing on the pump! That’s just the way you are used to from other bluetooth pairings (i.e. smartphone and car audio).
Select Bolus Speed to change the default bolus speed used (12sec per 1u, 30sec per 1u or 60sec per 1u).
Restart your phone.
Set basal step on pump to 0.01 U/h using Doctors menu (see pump user guide)
Enable extended boluses on pump
Change password on pump¶
Press OK button on pump
In main menu select “OPTION” (move right by pressing arrow button several times)
In options menu select “USER OPTION”
Use arrow button to scroll down to “11. password”
Press OK to enter old password.
Enter old password (Default password see above) and press OK
If wrong password is entered here there will be no message indicating failure!
Set new password (Change numbers with + & - buttons / Move right with arrow button).
Confirm with OK button.
Save by pressing OK button again.
Move down to “14. EXIT” and press OK button.
Dana RS specific errors¶
Error during insulin delivery¶
In case the connection between AAPS and Dana RS is lost during bolus insulin delivery (i.e. you walk away from phone while Dana RS is pumping insulin) you will see the following message and hear an alarm sound.
- In most cases this is just a communication issue and the correct amount of insulin is delivered.
- Check in pump history (either on the pump or through Dana tab > pump history > boluses) if correct bolus is given.
- Delete error entry in treatments tab if you wish.
- Real amount is read and recorded on next connect. To force this press BT icon on dana tab or just wait for next connect.
Special note when switching phone¶
When switching to a new phone the following steps are neccessary:
- Export settings on your old phone
- Transfer settings from old to new phone
- Manually pair Dana RS with the new phone
- As pump connection settings are also imported AAPS on your new phone will already “know” the pump and therefore not start a bluetooth scan. Therefore new phone and pump must be paired manually.
- Install AndroidAPS on the new phone.
- Import settings on your new phone