- Follow general CGM hygiene and setting sensor recommendation here.
- For G6 transmitters manufactured after fall/end of 2018 please make sure to use one of the latest nightly built xDrip+ versions. Those transmitters have a new firmware and latest stable version of xDrip+ (2019/01/10) cannot deal with it.
General hints for looping with G6¶
What’s clear is that using the G6 is perhaps a little more complex than it as first suggests. To use it safely, there are a few points to be aware of:
- If you are using the native data with the calibration code in xDrip or Spike, the safest thing to do is not allow preemptive restarts of the sensor.
- If you must use preemptive restarts, then make sure you insert at a time of day where you can observe the change and calibrate if necessary.
- If you are restarting sensors, either do it without the factory calibration for safest results on days 11 and 12, or ensure you are ready to calibrate and keep an eye on variation.
- Pre-soaking of the G6 with factory calibration is likely to give variation in results. If you do pre-soak, then to get best results, you will probably need to calibrate the sensor.
- If you aren’t being observant about the changes that may be taking place, it may be better to revert to non-factory-calibrated mode and use the system like a G5.
If using G6 with xdrip+¶
- If not already set up then download xdrip and follow instructions on nightscout (G5).
- Select xdrip in ConfigBuilder (setting in AndroidAPS).
- Adjust settings in xDrip+ according to xDrip+ settings page
- If AAPS does not receive BG values when phone is in airplane mode use Identify receiver as describe on xDrip+ settings page.
If using G6 with patched Dexcom app¶
Download the apk from https://github.com/dexcomapp/dexcomapp, and choose the version that fits your needs (mg/dl or mmol/l version, G6).
- Folder 2.3 is for users of AndroidAPS 2.3, folder 2.4 for users of AAPS 2.4.
- Open https://play.google.com/store/search?q=dexcom%20g6 on your computer. Region will be visible in URL.
Stop sensor and uninstall the original Dexcom app, if not already done.
Install downloaded apk
Select DexcomG5 App (patched) in ConfigBuilder (setting in AndroidAPS).
General Troubleshoothing for CGMs can be found here.